Introducton to the Potensic F181
If you are looking for a great drone that comes ready to fly out of the box with many features, you have come to the right place. In our Potensic F181DH Review, we are going to show you the ins and outs of this drone.
Keep reading to see if this quadcopter is right for you.
Potensic is a company that develops and creates their own drones.
Instead of simply reselling drones other companies make, they focus on development and the creation of their own, innovative products.
They sell some other miscellaneous products like endoscopes and screen protectors, but their main focus is on drones.
Nearly all of the drones they sell have FPV so if you’re looking to practice first person view flight and have some fun drone races, Potensic might be the right brand for you.
They also provide amazing customer service and are highly responsive to questions day or night so you can feel confident you’re in good hands.
Potensic F181DH Review Description
It’s impressive how many features they were able to stuff into the drone with ballooning the price sky-high.
- Altitude hold technology– Get beautiful videos and pictures without having to worry about trying to maintain the same drone height. This drone will automatically stay at the same height so you can focus on moving it around to take great video.
- First person view flight– See what the drone sees with the 720p camera and near-instant transfer using the 5.8ghz channel. This is perfect for drone races or piloting it when it’s out of sight. Just be careful not to let it get out of sight if you don’t have FPV experience or you might lose it!
- One key takeoff and landing– Most drones get damaged during landing and this drone can land on its own to make sure a beginner pilot doesn’t accidentally break it. This is great if you’re planning on letting your younger kids fly it.
- Headless mode– No more worrying about where the front or back of the drone is. Simply start it while facing in the same direction as you and don’t worry about turning it around and trying not to break it. It makes piloting it much simpler, especially when you’re just starting out.
- No FAA registration– This drone is under the 250 gram FAA limit so you don’t have to register it. Just unpack it and fly.
- SD card included– You get a 4gb SD card so you can record video right away without having to order a separate card. This is one of the few drones we reviewed that does this!
- Full 360-degree roll mode– This is a great mode if you want to impress your friends. Simply enter the 3D flip mode and enjoy the flips! Make sure you’re high enough so the drone doesn’t hit the ground though.
- Gyroscopic flight stabilization– The F181DH has 6 gyroscopic sensors to maximize the smoothness of the flight. This makes it highly responsive so be careful when flying around at high speeds.
Potensic F181DH Spare Parts
However, we recommend purchasing another set of extra propellers, especially if you’re a beginner or an aggressive pilot.
It’s also a good idea to purchase a couple extra batteries in order to maximize your flight time. The extra included battery extends it to about 30 minutes, but it’s always better to have more flight time.
Just remember to give the motors some time to rest between each flight to make sure they don’t burn up. 5-10 minutes between each flight should be enough.
You shouldn’t need to mod this drone as it’s already as solid as it comes, but if you really want to you can purchase a different antenna and play around with it to try and extend its range.
Potensic F181DH Other Comments
The only issue we could find with the drone is that it doesn’t have a “return to home” button, so if you don’t have FPV experience and fly the drone far away, you might lose it.
To prevent that from happening, keep the drone in sight until you can navigate freely by only looking at the screen.
You might also experience some frustration with the remote when you receive the drone because the buttons don’t have labels right on the remote. You have to look at the manual and memorize what each button does which might take 3-5 flights.
A great “feature” of this drone is that it comes down very smoothly when the battery starts running out so you don’t have to worry about it suddenly crashing.
The drone is quite durable so don’t fret about crashing it or running it into trees, but we still recommend getting a couple spare propellers so you can still fly if they break.
Potensic F181DH Review Conclusion
The F181DH is a fun FPV drone that comes with everything you need to start flying and recording beautiful video right away.
It’s pretty cheap for all of the features it has, and it’s a great starter drone.