Introduction to the Holy Stone HS400
In our Holy Stone HS400 Review, we are going to show you in the ins and outs of this awesome drone.
While it is moving up in the price range, the more advanced features could be worth the price!
Keep reading to see if this could be your next drone.
Who Is Holy Stone?
Holy Stone was started in 2014 with the goal of creating and selling toys at competitive prices while offering the best customer service possible.
The founders noticed that many of the toy companies either had terrible customer service. Or charged ridiculously high prices so they decided to change that.
They respond to customers incredibly quickly. They actually try to answer your questions instead of using pre-written responses that are only distantly related to your question.
If your toys get damaged during delivery or have any other issues, they’re well-known for sending you a working one at no extra charge to you. Which shows their dedication to excellent customer service.
Holy Stone HS 400 Review Description
The Holy Stone HS400 is one of Holy Stone’s more expensive drones, but it is well worth the price.
It has tons of great features that make flying easier and much more enjoyable:
- Adjustable 720P Camera- It comes with a high-quality HD camera that you can remotely control. Which makes taking beautiful pictures much easier. Many drones have a fixed camera which means that you must move the drone around to get the right shot. This one makes your job much easier!
- Altitude Hold Function– This is the perfect addition to the Adjustable camera as their combination makes taking pictures a breeze. Simply let go of the controller and the drone will stay at the height it’s currently at. So you can focus on enjoying the view instead of having to constantly play with the joystick and keep it in place.
- One Key Return– If for whatever reason you lost control of the drone or you’re not sure where it is, it will return back to you at the press of a button. Simple and effective.
- 3D Flipping- If you want to have some fun with this drone, this feature is perfect. Simply get into the flip mode and you can make the drone do a front flip, backflip, or even a side flip. All without needing hours of professional drone pilot training.
- First Person Flying Mode- You can connect the drone to your phone to see real-time footage of what your doing sees and use it to practice your FPV mode skills. However, don’t try flying the drone only using the video if you have no experience with drones because there’s a high chance you’ll run into something!
Holy Stone HS400 Spare Parts
The Holy Stone HS400 comes with a surprisingly high number of spare parts, but we still recommend getting a couple more.
You get 2 batteries, and since they only last for about 10 minutes each So if you want to extend the fun, you should get a couple of extra batteries. However, you have to let the motors cool off between each flight to make sure they don’t burn up. 10 minutes of cool down time for each flight should be enough.
You also get 4 extra propellers and 4 blade guards. Depending on your experience with drones and how you plan on using it, it might be a good idea to get a couple more propellers just in case.
Holy Stone HS400 Other Comments
One of the best parts of the HS400 is how easy it is to fly even if you’ve never flown a drone before.
It also has the much-coveted first-person view feature that many other drones either don’t have or have one that works so badly that it shouldn’t even be included.
However, even the Holy Stone HS400 isn’t perfect.
The assembly instructions aren’t as good as they could be. While you should be able to put the drone together based on the minimum instructions that were included, having step-by-step explanations with pictures would make it much easier.
You also can’t record video unless you’re using the smartphone app. Which can be a deal breaker for those without a smartphone.
The drone also has a couple of small issues like video lag. This happens when the drone is 50+ meters away from you. And a somewhat touchy camera mount, but it is still well worth the price.
Holy Stone HS 400 Review Conclusion
The Holy Stone HS400 is a high-quality drone for the price-range that comes from a company that truly cares about their customers.
It’s the perfect option for someone who wants to experiment with FPV (first person view) flying. But doesn’t want to shell out $500 or more dollars on a fancier drone.
Of course, there are other drones in this price range that are good (like the F181). But it also depends on your personal preference and what you’re planning on using the drone for.
No matter what drone you buy, we recommend you start out slow. Learn how to operate it in open and safe area away from animals, power lines, and cars.